[openib-general] IB Address Translation service

Tom Duffy tduffy at sun.com
Tue Mar 1 15:01:46 PST 2005

[ putting back on list ]

On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 00:29 +0200, Yaron Haviv wrote:
> Did you try RARP with IPoIB ?

I have not.

> I thought that there is some issue that it doesn't work

Currently, the rarpd only works with ethernet, but I don't see why this
couldn't be fixed.

> Also I hope you can comment on the other ib_at capabilities which are
> more important than ATS

I don't mind the idea of abstracting out address translation.  I think
maybe this is a premature optimization and we should see how each ULP
uses/does it first, then abstract out common code.  Otherwise, I feel
neither strongly for or against your proposal.

-tduffy