[openib-general] putting in dead wood for DAPL and similar abomination

Christoph Hellwig hch at lst.de
Wed Mar 2 13:48:47 PST 2005

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 11:11:35AM -0500, James Lentini wrote:
> DAPL has been efficiently supported on top of InfiniBand, iWARP, the
> Virtual Interface Architecture, Quadrics, and Myrinet.

And I've not seen any kernel submittsion for either of them - and what's
important no single kDAPL application that actually shows any benefit
that way.  Volatair's iSER implementation would surely be smaller when
directly written to the OpenIB interface, and is already smaller than
the whole kDAPL layer.