[openib-general] putting in dead wood for DAPL and similarabomination

Yaron Haviv yaronh at voltaire.com
Thu Mar 3 07:23:00 PST 2005

Linux
> 2.6.11.

As Tom indicated we expect a significant code shrink for kDAPL, it will
be much more Linux friendly when we are done with it, some parts will be
re-written.
Also the iSER code is not optimal in terms of LOC, and we can clean up
some redundant code if we are in an LOC contest, I believe after we glue
all the layers we will focus on reducing LOCs and test code.

> Here's the challenge: if someone gets me the funding I'll write
> complete iSER of IB implementation in less than 10k LOC based on the
> open-iscsi code if someone gets me the funding.

You know there is also the challenge of making it work, perform,
interoperate, and support some features, not all is about LOC :)
Anyway thanks for offering us support we may take you up on the some day

Yaron