[openib-general] Re: [RFC] userspace CM/verbs QP

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Thu Mar 3 16:37:45 PST 2005

    Libor> Roland, As it currently stands, the userspace CM needs to
    Libor> pass a QP from userspace to kernel space in order to pass
    Libor> it on to the kernel CM.  I'm thinking that the best way to
    Libor> handle this is for the uCM library to pass uCM kernel the
    Libor> uverbs QP handle, and then have the kernel uCM lookup the
    Libor> QP from ib_uverbs. Unfortunetly this means ib_uverbs would
    Libor> need to export a lookup function.

    Libor> Would you like a patch, or do you have some other idea?

Hmm, I guess that would be OK.  It does mean you have to hold a mutex
to avoid another userspace thread killing the QP out from under you,
which is a little ugly to expose...

What do you really need to do with the QP?  Can you just have
userspace pass the information like QP number that you need?

 - R.