[openib-general] IB Address Translation service

Michael Krause krause at cup.hp.com
Mon Mar 7 09:48:06 PST 2005

Just to make this clear:

- There are only two QP that are defined with specific intention - QP0 and
QP1.  All other QP may vary throughout the entire QP space.

- All ULP built on top of IB must assume that the QP are variant and must
discover these through various protocol such as the service ID protocol or
for IPoIB, the ARP / ND exchange.

- Multiple QP may be used for a given service allowing both finer grain
partitioning as well as scaling opportunities.

So, this isn't something open to debate.  It is how we designed the
technology to allow flexibility and performance.

Mike