[openib-general] MAD receive work completion

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Thu Mar 10 16:03:07 PST 2005

Fab Tillier wrote:
> I assume you need the WC information to help you reply, right?
>
> I would say change the ib_wc embedded in ib_mad_recv_wc from a pointer to
> the structure, and then use that when you poll.  That way you avoid an extra
> allocation in the MAD layer, and avoid the data copy in the CM.
>
> Note that I may have completely missed your point, in which case ignore me.

You got the point.  I need to generate a reply.  Moving the wc from a
pointer to a structure means that the MAD layer needs to know a.) that
the next completion is a receive, and b.) which data buffer received
the data.  Currently, the MAD layer uses a single CQ for sends and
receives on QP 0 and 1.  (This shouldn't be overly difficult to change,
however.)