[openib-general] kernel 2.6.11 and userland packages?

Tom Duffy tduffy at sun.com
Tue Mar 15 09:16:24 PST 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-11 at 19:15 -0600, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:
> I have in my office a shiny new kernel.org 2.6.11 64 bit kernel running
> on my Mac G5, with the drivers/infiniband modules loaded.
>
> What do I need to do to verify this all works?

Do you have the IB card plugged into an IB switch?  Is that switch
running an SM?  Do you have another machine connected to your G5?

You can see if the card is initializing on your machine by running
ibstatus.  Or check out the /sys/class/infiniband/ directory manually.
Check the FAQ.

> Also, I'd really like to make debian packages of the userland utilities
> and libraries, and get a debian/ subdirectory into the subversion
> release, so the packages can be rebuilt easily.
>
> Where should I start on this?

Write the .deb, send it as a file or patch to the list.

-tduffy