[openib-general] Causes of interrupt problems?

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at hozed.org
Fri Mar 18 18:38:50 PST 2005

What would cause the following?

ib_mthca: Mellanox InfiniBand HCA driver v0.06-pre (November 8, 2004)
ib_mthca: Initializing Mellanox Technology MT23108 InfiniHost (0000:04:00.0)
ib_mthca 0000:04:00.0: NOP command failed to generate interrupt, aborting.
ib_mthca 0000:04:00.0: BIOS or ACPI interrupt routing problem?

I've seen this on two Opteron systems, one Tyan board, one Rioworks
HDAMA. Is there some bios setting I should look for? Things are working
fine on another Rioworks HDAMA board.

Troy Benjegerdes                'da hozer'                hozer at hozed.org

Somone asked my why I work on this free (http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/)
software stuff and not get a real job. Charles Shultz had the best answer:

"Why do musicians compose symphonies and poets write poems? They do it
because life wouldn't have any meaning for them if they didn't. That's why
I draw cartoons. It's my life." -- Charles Shultz