[openib-general] opensm trouble

Eitan Zahavi eitan at mellanox.co.il
Fri Mar 18 21:57:02 PST 2005

Hi Roland,

>     Choose a local port number with which to bind:
>
>             1: GUID = 0x       0, lid = 0x03C9, state = INIT
>             2: GUID = 0x       0, lid = 0x03CA, state = DOWN
>
>     Enter choice (1-2): 1
>     SM port is down.

The fact the displayed GUID is 0 means that somehow OpenSM did not get the
"correct" (in it's own eyes) to VAPI_query_hca_gid_tbl.

I assume you were able to do vstat ?
Seems there is a bug either in the OpenSM vendor layer: osm_vendor_mlx_hca.c

Or there is a miss-match between the evapi.h that OpenSM is linked with and
the one that vstat is linked with.

I will be able to try and reproduce the problem in our lab only Sunday.
But I guess if you have a chance to look into the above file it will not be
very hard to find too.

 EZ