[openib-general] ipoib/mthca broken on ia64?

Bob Woodruff robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Wed Mar 23 16:36:37 PST 2005

Grant wrote>
>Yup. The switch was hosed and cycling power got it back to life again:
>grundler at ionize:~$ cat /sys/class/infiniband/mthca0/ports/*/state
>4: ACTIVE
>1: DOWN

>grundler at iowa:~$ cat /sys/class/infiniband/mthca0/ports/*/state
>4: ACTIVE
>4: ACTIVE

>Of course, ping works too.

FYI -

I have seen a similar weirdness on some of my systems where it seems
that sometimes the port does not go active and if I unplug the cable
and plug it back into the switch, it then goes active.

I think on these nodes I have some very old PCI-X HCAs (A0 silicon)
that I cannot even upgrade to the newest firmware.
I recall Sean seeing a similar problem and again he
may have old hardware and/or old firmware. I know that with the latest
cards and firmware I have never seen this anomaly.

I have also seen a switch get into a weird state from time to time,
but not too often.

woody