[openib-general] kDAPL location?

James Lentini jlentini at netapp.com
Tue Mar 29 07:10:24 PST 2005

Hi,

Thanks to help from several sources, primarily Itamar Rabenstein at
Mellanox and Hal Rosenstock at Voltaire, I have a kDAPL provided for
OpenIB.

A uDAPL provider is being worked on and will be made available
shortly.

Where in the subversion tree should I place the kDAPL provider?

It has been suggested to me that I do the following:

  - I create a directory in gen2/branches call jlentini-dapl

  - I place the kDAPL code in this directory

  - I place the uDAPL code in this directory when it is ready

The intention would be to move the both kDAPL and uDAPL to the trunk
once they are stable.

If I follow the steps above, the code in the jlentini-dapl directory
will not technically be a branch of the trunk. Is that acceptable?

Should I follow the above plan? Are there any other suggestions?

james

James Lentini                email: jlentini at netapp.com
Network Appliance            phone: 781-768-5359
375 Totten Pond Rd.            fax: 781-895-1195
Waltham, MA 02451-2010        main: 781-768-5300