[openib-general] Port of ISC DHCP-3.0.2 to OpenIB IPoIB

Peter Buckingham peter at pantasys.com
Wed Mar 30 17:38:11 PST 2005

Josh England wrote:
> Are there any plans to modify the linux DHCP client so it would be
> possible to do kernel-level DHCP and NFSroot over IB?

i'd strongly suggest not using the in-kernel dhcpd as it has bugs and
isn't really well supported. probably the best thing would be to add the
support to klibc and the initramfs tools. This actually gives you much
more flexibility in the end too (we can manage some failover situations
with this sort of set up).

peter