[openib-general] Multiple IPoIB devices over same port

Shirley Ma xma at us.ibm.com
Thu Mar 31 11:42:42 PST 2005

> a separate Qos tag is used for each stream?

Sorry for the late response. You could do that. I just list some possible
uses of Multiple IPoIB devices over same port. Other reasons could be
different MTUs or other interfaces characteristics.. Basically there is no
reason to restrict this implementation.

Thanks
Shirley Ma
IBM Linux Technology Center
15300 SW Koll Parkway
Beaverton, OR 97006-6063
Phone(Fax): (503) 578-7638

"shaharf" <shaharf at voltaire.com>
03/24/2005 10:00 AM

Shirley Ma/Beaverton/IBM at IBMUS
cc
<openib-general at openib.org>
Subject
RE: [openib-general] Multiple IPoIB devices over same port

I am not sure I follow. Do you mean that for example, a separate Qos tag
is used for each stream? If this is the case I am not sure how to handle
Qos tags from the VM.

I thought about this so that at a higher level you can use policy routing
or QoS or traffic shapping or maybe even CKRM to distribute load on
multiple streams.