[openib-general] Re: problem with SDP/AIO on mem-free HCA

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Thu Mar 31 19:59:43 PST 2005

    Michael> I dont think so.  I found this:

    Michael> C9-88: For an HCA responder using Reliable Connection
    Michael> service, for each zero-length RDMA READ or WRITE request,
    Michael> the R_Key shall not be validated, even if the request
    Michael> includes Immediate data.

    Michael> Can it be you generate a non-zero RDMA in mthca.

It's possible.  I'll put some more work into testing this out soon.
However it also seems possible that the current mem-free FW may have a
bug in handling this.

SDP is generating the 0-length RDMA by posting an RDMA READ with a
single scatter entry whole length is zero, which may behave
differently from posting an RDMA READ with no scatter entries.  I need
to check this out, and also test on Tavor.

 - R.