[openib-general] Re: Another RMPP related question

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Mon May 2 13:03:27 PDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-02 at 15:02, Sean Hefty wrote:
> Hal Rosenstock wrote:
> > Is a MAD agent which registers for RMPP use restricted to using
> > ib_create_send_mad (even when not sending a RMPP MAD) ? That may be a
> > current restriction despite the comments for tha routing indicating
> > "Users are not required to allocate outbound MADs using this call".
> >
> > If that is the case, either the comment should be changed to indicate
> > this or the restriction removed.
>
> There is not intended to be such a restriction.

Glad to hear this :-) I wasn't sure.

> Can you point me to where the code assumes this?

I'm going back through my notes and I am currently at a loss on the
precisely what scenario caused me to ask this question :-(

It seems that when ib_create_send_mad is called, the wr_id is the
pointer to the ib_mad_send_buf structure and can no longer be used by
the client. Maybe a way around this is to add another "wr_id" in that
structure which the client could use in this case for any additional
context. Never mind: just saw void *context[2] in that structure just
for precisely what I was looking for here...