[openib-general] RFD: uverbs and hotplug

Tom Duffy tduffy at sun.com
Tue May 3 19:17:51 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 09:42 -0700, Caitlin Bestler wrote:
> Most applications are not written to be able to
> survice a sudden loss of virtually all of its connections, and then resume
> all of the suspended sessions with new connections using new memory
> regions.

Most applications *should* be written this way.  Especially since more
and more people are using unreliable networks (wifi, 3G, etc.).  I can
see a day where we have RDMA-capable wireless adapters in which case
applications will have to be written with the possibility of a sudden
loss taken into account.

-tduffy