[openib-general] DAT API for OpenIB stack

James Lentini jlentini at netapp.com
Tue May 3 22:56:42 PDT 2005

An open source implementation of the DAT API for the OpenIB stack
(gen2) is available in the OpenIB subversion repository at

https://openib.org/svn/gen2/users/jlentini/

If you are interested in learning more about the DAT API, please see

http://www.datcollaborative.org/

or

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dapl

The DAT kernel code on OpenIB is a native Linux implementation and the
provider is only intended to be used on the OpenIB stack. This is in
contrast to the SourceForge code that is intended for use on multiple
operating systems and verbs APIs.

If you are interested in using the code, please see the README files
at:

https://openib.org/svn/gen2/users/jlentini/linux-kernel/README
https://openib.org/svn/gen2/users/jlentini/userspace/dapl/openib/README

The code is still in the early stages of development. Currently we are
testing the code with the "[k]dapltest" tool (available in the
source). Our goal is to be able to run all 6 of dapltest invocations
in the linux-kernel/test/dapltest/scripts/kregress.sh script reliably.
After obtaining that level of stability, we will begin testing the
code with an NFS/RDMA client and server.

A number of people have contributed to the DAT code in OpenIB. In
particular I'd like to thank Arlin Davis from Intel, Tom Duffy from
Sun, Itamar Rabenstein from Mellanox, and Hal Rosenstock from
Voltaire.

Any help would be appreciated. If anyone would like to volunteer
please let me know.

james

James Lentini                email: jlentini at netapp.com
Network Appliance            phone: 781-768-5359
375 Totten Pond Rd.            fax: 781-895-1195
Waltham, MA 02451-2010        main: 781-768-5300