[openib-general] HCA Firmware

Bernhard Fischer blist at aon.at
Thu May 5 13:24:47 PDT 2005

Hi,

I may have not searched in the proper places, so may miss the obvious
"standard" sink of vendors for firmware..

Still, where can i get current, 'blessed' (fwiw) firmware for infiniband
HCA's?

PS:
On hardware manufactured by an unnamed, recently sold vendor, i get:

Mellanox Tavor Device Driver is creating device "InfiniHost0" (bus=0a,
devfn=00)

 THH(1): TAVOR_IF_CMD_STAT_BAD_OP - Operation/command not supported or
opcode modifier not supported
 THH(1): infiniband/hw/mellanox-hca/thh/thh_hob.c[3793]: THH_hob_create:
CMD_error in THH_cmd_SYS_EN (2)
 THH(1): infiniband/hw/mellanox-hca/thh/thh_mod_obj.c[292]: Failed
creating THH_hob for InfiniHost0
 THH(1): THH_init_hh_all_tavor: For all 1 Tavor devices initialization
was not successful
 THH(1): infiniband/hw/mellanox-hca/thh/thh_mod_obj.c[329]: Failed
initialization of all available InfiniHost devices

where current firmware is:
# cat /proc/infiniband/core/ca1/info
name:          mthca
provider:      mthca
node GUID:     0005:ad00:0002:312c
ports:         2
vendor ID:     0x5ad
device ID:     0x5a44
HW revision:   0x0
FW revision:   0x300020000

which let's me suspect that that revision needs upgrading, no?
Thanks in advance for any hint in this respect.