[openib-general] inline support in Gen2

Sayantan Sur surs at cse.ohio-state.edu
Thu May 12 15:18:04 PDT 2005

Hi Roland,

We had a discussion a few weeks back about the absence of "query_qp"
verbs in Gen2. You had indicated that on Gen2, the `ibv_create_qp'
itself can be used to pass back the max value of inline data size.

The old thread is here:

http://openib.org/pipermail/openib-general/2005-April/005594.html

I was wondering whether this feature was incorporated? If it was, then
what verb do I use to use this inline feature? (I couldn't find any
query_qp verbs in Gen2 as of today's code).

By the way, we were looking for equivalents to these VAPI calls, but
couldn't find them on Gen2.

1) attach QP to multicast group  ( VAPI_attach_to_multicast  )
2) detach QP from multicast      ( VAPI_detach_from_multicast  )

How does a user process use IB hardware multicast using Gen2 verbs?

Thanks,
Sayantan.

--
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~surs