[openib-general] Re: inline support in Gen2

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Thu May 12 16:14:22 PDT 2005

    Sayantan> Hi Roland, We had a discussion a few weeks back about
    Sayantan> the absence of "query_qp" verbs in Gen2. You had
    Sayantan> indicated that on Gen2, the `ibv_create_qp' itself can
    Sayantan> be used to pass back the max value of inline data size.

I have patches from Michael Tsirkin that I am integrating now, which
will set the value in the init_attr->cap.max_inline_data returned from
the ibv_create_qp() verb.  This should be done by tomorrow.

    Sayantan> 1) attach QP to multicast group (
    Sayantan> VAPI_attach_to_multicast ) 2) detach QP from multicast (
    Sayantan> VAPI_detach_from_multicast )

    Sayantan> How does a user process use IB hardware multicast using
    Sayantan> Gen2 verbs?

This still needs to be implemented... there will be functions

int ibv_attach_mcast(struct ibv_qp *qp, union ibv_gid *gid, uint16_t lid);
int ibv_detach_mcast(struct ibv_qp *qp, union ibv_gid *gid, uint16_t lid);

these should also be done soon.

Thanks,
  Roland