[openib-general] Re: DAPL CM Reject Questions

James Lentini jlentini at netapp.com
Fri May 13 07:42:12 PDT 2005

If I don't use a function's return value, I cast it to void to say "I
know this function returns something but I don't want to use it". I'm
not sure were I picked up this habit, but I think it is fairly common.
Some compilers will give a warning if you don't perform the cast,
although gcc does not appear to.

Here are some of the places I've found this construct in the 2.6.11
sources:

arch/i386/kernel/apm.c (line 924)
arch/i386/mach-voyager/voyager_smp.c (line 1606)
crypto/tcrypt.c (line 547)
drivers/acpi/events/evxface.c (line 95)