[openib-general] tvflash utility

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Mon May 16 09:55:35 PDT 2005

    Shirley>  I've sucessfully upgrade my 4X Topspin HCA with Mellanox
    Shirley> firmware 3.3.2. But this firmware doesn't work on JS20
    Shirley> daughter card. Does anybody use tvflash? It doesn't work
    Shirley> on my PPC64 and ia64. I want to use this utility to read
    Shirley> HCA on board binary image to repair the daughter
    Shirley> card. Any help?

Firmware 3.3.2 should work on the JS20 daughtercard.  You should use
FW with the same memory timings as the full-height "Cougar" PCI-X
card, not the half-height "Cougar Cub."

Also, the tvflash from https://openib.org/svn/gen2/trunk/src/userspace/tvflash
should work on ppc64 and ia64 -- I have used it to update firmware on
a JS20, in fact.  What goes wrong when you try?

 - R.