[openib-general] How about ib_send_page() ?

Jeff Carr jcarr at linuxmachines.com
Mon May 16 15:26:57 PDT 2005

It seems to me it would be useful to have a simple ib_send_page() function.

This is essentially what I'm going to end up writing for what I need IB
to do. If there is anyone else that has similar needs or interests I'd
be happy to work with them.

The CM works well enough to allow me to initiate connections between
HCA's. I'm now going to spend some time trying to write something to
kmalloc pages and test the different ways to initiate IB communication
between the hosts. Hopefully I can get something smart enough to perform
better than IPoIB does. (side note: it would seem IPoIB could be
re-written to dramatically improve it's performance).

So, in the end there would be things like:

ibnode = look_for_node();	//
init_node_connection(ibnode);	// sets up PD,WR,QP,CQ's etc.
ib_send_page( ibnode, page );

Enjoy,
Jeff