[openib-general] How about ib_send_page() ?

Jeff Carr jcarr at linuxmachines.com
Mon May 16 19:20:07 PDT 2005

Grant Grundler wrote:
> vmstat doesn't tell you where the time is being spent.
 >
> Get a profile or try out the beta Pentium M or AMD64 perfmon support

Yes, I would but I didn't think I could because I have Xeon's.

> You also want to explore "netperf -C" option that' available with
> netperf 2.4.0-rc1 (See www.netperf.orf).  I've posted results here
> before about binding netperf/netserver processes to different CPUs.

I think I remember this thread. I'll look back for it again.

It does look like the -C option is in 2.3.4 though:

root at delta:~# netperf -C -H foxtrot -- -s 105472 -r 105472
TCP STREAM TEST to foxtrot
Recv   Send    Send                          Utilization       Service
Demand
Socket Socket  Message  Elapsed              Send     Recv     Send    Recv
Size   Size    Size     Time     Throughput  local    remote   local
remote
bytes  bytes   bytes    secs.    10^6bits/s  % U      % T      us/KB   us/KB

  87380 210944 210944    10.00      2330.71   -1.00    89.49    -1.000
3.146

Still, I'll look back for the thread on the subject.

?

> But IPoIB can't really implement NAPI since it's sending work to
> a shared HCA.

 > And any form of interrupt coalescing would interfere with
> any latency sensitive work as well (if present).

Surely. It would have to be configureable for people (like me) that
wanted it. I don't care about latency, just about throughput. What's the
point of having a fast network if you can't send *lots* of data over it. :)

Jeff