Fw: [openib-general] How about ib_send_page() ?

Vivek Kashyap kashyapv at us.ibm.com
Tue May 17 10:46:48 PDT 2005

An implementation can work with the current draft. The delta to an
implementation over an existing IPoIB-UD is not much. That should also
help uncover or clarify any hidden issues not well covered in the draft.

I've received a few comments - more on details - that I'll incorporate in the
next version of the draft. Aiming to post it by the next IETF cut off.

With IPoIB-connected mode, existing applications can utilise a higher MTU (the
MTU/buffer allocations are negotiable) among connected mode nodes while
continuing to interoperate with IPoIB over UD implementations.

To be an RFC, we will need another round of review on ietf mailing list. One
aspect that will help is a look into the interaction with TCP (see section 6.1
in draft-ietf-ipoib-connected-mode-00.txt).

Vivek

PS. I'm not subscribed to this list so please cc me at kashyapv at us.ibm.com on
any relevant responses.