[openib-general] CM private data

Caitlin Bestler caitlin.bestler at gmail.com
Thu May 19 09:24:58 PDT 2005

In that case, I'll point out that no application can rely upon
the final data being delivered because the first data can
easily beat the RTU. When that happens the IT-API
layer declares the connection established, and provides
no private data.

So being predictably unreliable for one implementation
stage is certainly something you can get away with.
Even when you add support it might be quite acceptable
to send the private data *only* on the first try, or to
require the IT-API layer to do the retries.

I was mostly responding to the suggestion that the
private data be eliminated from the API if nobody had
any use for it.