[openib-general] CM private data

Rimmer, Todd trimmer at silverstorm.com
Thu May 19 11:56:23 PDT 2005

All three of these have mechanisms whereby the message can be skipped, in which case applications should not depend on the private data (IB spec mentions that apps should not depend on them).

For example, A inbound receive while in RTR state after having sent a REP can be treated as an RTU, in which case later arrival of the RTU is to be discarded by the CM.

Todd Rimmer