[openib-general] Re: [openib-commits] r2426 - gen2/users/jlentini/linux-kernel/dat-provider

Tom Duffy tduffy at sun.com
Fri May 20 17:09:48 PDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-05-21 at 01:56 +0200, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
> sun will hopefuly fix all of

-enoparse hopefuly s/hopefuly/hopefully/ ;-)

> egrep -ri "(^[[:space:]]*\(void\))"

As we discussed earlier, it is not wrong to cast the return to (void) if
indeed you are ignoring a non-void return.  If, in fact, the function
returns void, then casting is dumb.  Also, if the function doesn't
return anything useful and you always disregard the return, the function
should be changes to return void.

> openib.gen2/upstream/gen2/trunk/|egrep -v "svn-(text|base)"
> so i won't comment on that single occurance above ;)

-enoparse occurance s/occurance/occurrence/

Later,

sun