[openib-general] Re: libibverbs and max inline data

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Sun May 22 12:30:06 PDT 2005

    Michael> Hi!  I tried to figure out how much inline data a qp can
    Michael> support, to know what max_inline_data value to put in the
    Michael> qp.  However, there doesnt seem to exist a way to do
    Michael> that, currently.

I think you're right.

    Michael> Maybe the driver should be changed to trim
    Michael> max_inline_data to the maximum possible value?

Yes, that would probably make sense.  In a sense that's what the
kernel driver already does -- it always clips the max_inline_data
request from the consumer down to 0.

Independent of that we could add a field to the device properties
struct (and implement ibv_query_device() for userspace).

 - R.