[openib-general] Re: libibverbs and max inline data

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Mon May 23 09:18:12 PDT 2005

    James> Once there is a way to programmatically determine the
    James> max_inline_data value, your proposal would be
    James> feasible. Even if it were possible, I still believe that
    James> the driver should validate this value.

I think you may be misunderstanding the suggestion.  The idea is that
the driver takes the input value of max_inline_data as a hint, and
tries to allocate a QP that supports that value.  However, if the
value is too large, the driver reduces the value down to the largest
value that it can support.  In any case, the true amount of inline
data supported is returned to the consumer in the qp_cap structure.

 - R.