[openib-general] How about ib_send_page() ?

Fab Tillier ftillier at silverstorm.com
Tue May 24 10:11:56 PDT 2005

Ok, so this question is from a noob, but here goes anyway.  Why can't IPoIB
advertise a larger MTU than the UD MTU, and then just fragment large IP
packets up if they need to go over the IB UD transport?  Is there any reason
this couldn't work?  If it does, it allows IPoIB to expose a single MTU to
the OS, and take care of the rest under the covers.

Just a thought.

- Fab