[openib-general] Re: Latest CM and retransmissions

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Wed May 25 10:39:59 PDT 2005

Hal Rosenstock wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 12:30, Sean Hefty wrote:
>
>>Hal Rosenstock wrote:
>>
>>>DREQ -------->
>>>    <-------  DREP
>>>DREQ -------->
>>>DREQ -------->
>>
>>Do you know if the code that issues the DREQ destroys the cm_id immediately
>>afterwards?
>
> It likely is. I was going to ask about this yesterday.

If a client destroys the cm_id immediately after sending a DREQ (before the
DREP is received), the CM will transition the cm_id directly into the
timewait state.  I've just committed a change to the CM to cancel the DREQ
if the cm_id is destroyed.  Note that this won't result in the DREP matching
with the DREQ, since the cm_id has been destroyed, but should prevent the
DREQ from being resent, if this is indeed what is happening.  Can you pull
the CM from 2485 and retest