[openib-general] umad abi 2 v 3 and multicast join failed

Grant Grundler iod00d at hp.com
Wed May 25 21:52:47 PDT 2005

On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 09:07:25PM -0700, Roland Dreier wrote:
> In general, given that kernels 2.6.11 and 2.6.12 are shipping with ABI
> version 2, does it make sense to avoid problems like this by keeping
> the old userspace code around and having the library decide at runtime
> which ABI to use?

Only if you want to continue providing fixes for 2.6.11 and 2.6.12.
It would be nice if someone put together a source snapshot that
would work with those releases. But I'm not sure how to
make that available to some random person who is using it.

Personally, since no distro is providing support for ABI v2,
I would not bundle both ABIs together in one library.

grant