[openib-general] OpenIB and OpenRDMA: Convergence on common RDMAAPIs and ULPs for Linux

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Thu May 26 09:32:31 PDT 2005

    Bob> There is already a RDMA device independent API being
    Bob> developed for the kernel by people on this list. It is
    Bob> starting with the kDAPL code base, which was designed to
    Bob> support both IBA and iWarp devices.

I believe kDAPL-based layers are an OK short-term solution, but I
don't think anything like this should be proposed for merging in the
Linus kernel.  If we need another abstraction layer on top of our
existing abstraction layer, that just says to me that we should fix
the current abstraction layer.

 - R.