[openib-general] OpenIB and OpenRDMA: Convergence on common RDMAAPIs and ULPs for Linux

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Thu May 26 10:42:31 PDT 2005

>You're absolutely right that the IB core didn't start out that way.
>However, it seems better in the long run to fix it rather than just
>piling another layer on top to hide problems.

 >- R.

I think that perhaps Sean's suggestion of having some RNIC
vendor implement a verbs driver for their H/W and send in patches for
the
driver and the changes needed to plug into the core
verbs mid-layer might be a way to move forward.

Probably,

	enum rdma_device_type {
		RDMA_DEVICE_IB_CA,
		RDMA_DEVICE_IB_SWITCH,