[openib-general] OpenIB and OpenRDMA: Convergence on common RDMAAPIs and ULPs for Linux

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Thu May 26 14:02:02 PDT 2005

    Roland> Yes, that is probably a better way of saying what I was
    Roland> trying to drive at.  There's a significant portion of
    Roland> kDAPL that doesn't seem necessary or useful to me.  For
    Roland> example, why do we need a new API for posting work
    Roland> requests?  Why do we need the ability to combine
    Roland> completion events and CM events into a single queue?

By the way, just to be clear, I definitely do support having library
code that makes it easy to perform operations such as, for example,
"connect this QP to such-and-such IP address."  This would be useful
for SDP, NFS/RDMA and iSER, which all should be able to have common
code that runs on top of both InfiniBand and iWARP.

 - R.