[openib-general] QP sq->tail always = 0

Jeff Carr jcarr at linuxmachines.com
Thu May 26 15:56:03 PDT 2005

On 05/26/05 14:35, Sean Hefty wrote:
> If the code is based on cmpost, this is likely the case.  Cmpost creates
> the QP with IB_SIGNAL_REQ_WR, but does not set the IB_SEND_SIGNALED flag.
>
> Since people are refering to this as a sample, I will look at changing
> the code to avoid confusing people.

Another thing I noticed that seemed very strange to me, is that when I
went back to test this problem with cmpost, the debugging output was
different for the SQ and RQ.

cmpost.c has:
         qp_attr->send_cq = node->cq;
         qp_attr->recv_cq = node->cq;
         node->qp = ib_create_qp(test.pd, qp_attr);

But, I would get:

ib_poll_cq == 1
ib_mthca 0000:09:00.0: SQ 030406 (0 head, 0 tail, 5 max)
ib_mthca 0000:09:00.0: RQ 030406 (5 head, 2 tail, 5 max

			SQ->head != RQ->head

So this is kind of strange to me. I would think that the head & tail of
the SQ and RQ should be the same. Maybe making the send and receive
queue the same doesn't work correctly yet?

Jeff