[Rdma-developers] Re: [openib-general] OpenIB and OpenRDMA: Convergence on common RDMAAPIs and ULPs for Linux

Caitlin Bestler caitlinb at siliquent.com
Fri May 27 18:24:46 PDT 2005

Oh that's a great development plan for me to propose
to my business people. Let's go write lots of code,
and *after* we write it the IB people (our competitors)
have agreed to *look* at it (but they're all busy, don't
forget) and *then* we just might get merged in.

If nobody is willing to discuss what the characteristics
of this merged API will look like *before* we have to
code it then there is no motivation to work inside OpenIB
at all.