[Rdma-developers] Re: [openib-general] OpenIB and OpenRDMA: Convergence on common RDMAAPIs and ULPs for Linux

Sukanta ganguly sganguly at yahoo.com
Sat May 28 05:17:54 PDT 2005

--- Christoph Hellwig <hch at lst.de> wrote:
> On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 06:24:46PM -0700, Caitlin
> Bestler wrote:
> > Oh that's a great development plan for me to
> propose
> > to my business people. Let's go write lots of
> code,
> > and *after* we write it the IB people (our
> competitors)
> > have agreed to *look* at it (but they're all busy,
> don't
> > forget) and *then* we just might get merged in.
>
> fortunately we don't care about your business
> people.  either
> you do something sane, or your hardware won't we
> supported by
> linux at all.  tough life.

That's a pretty bold statement. Linux grew up to be
popular via mass acceptance. Seems like that charter
has changed and a few have control over Linux and its
future. The "My way or the highway" philosophy has
gotten embedded in the Linux way of life.
Life is getting tough.

http://developer.yahoo.net/?fr=offad-ysdn-ostg-q22005