[openib-general] cmpost: failure sending REQ: -22

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Tue May 31 04:30:47 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 03:51, Sean Hefty wrote:
> >Has anyone seen ib_send_cm_req() return -22?
>
> I believe that this is a timeout error, possibly indicating that the server
> side of the connection wasn't running.  You may also want to verify the slid
> and dlid are correct for your configuration.

Don't you get a REJ now when there is no one listening on a service ID
requested ?

-22 is EINVAL. In terms of ib_send_cm_req, it is returned for a number
of cases:
1. peer to peer connection is requested
2. No primary path is supplied
3. QP is not RC or UC
4. private data is supplied and length > 92
5. alternate path supplied and PKEY or MTU does not match primary path
6. connection state is not IDLE
7. Primary or alternate path SGID or PKey does not match those of port