[openib-general] Re: build fails on revision 3930

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Wed Nov 2 01:03:10 PST 2005

Quoting James W. Barker <jbarker at lanl.gov>:
> Subject: build fails on revision 3930
>
> All,
>
> Following the instructions posted in your
> "installation cheetsheet" after I issue the
> command "make modules modules_install" the build
> fails with the error message below (this is
> revision 3930), the same procedure (not sure
> which revision number) was successful last week:
>
>    CC [M]  drivers/infiniband/core/addr.o
> drivers/infiniband/core/addr.c:330: warning:
> initialization from incompatible pointer type

Looks like you are using kernel 2.6.13 or older.
The subversion trunk is for the latest kernels.org kernel only, which
is 2.6.14 as of this writing.

Please note, that to load sdp, at and addr modules in kernel 2.6.14, you have
to apply the following kernel patch

https://openib.org/svn/gen2/trunk/src/linux-kernel/patches/linux-2.6.14-fib-frontend.diff

If you want to work on older kernels, you need to apply the backport patches
to the subversion repository. Find them here

https://openib.org/svn/gen2/branches/backport/

--
MST