[openib-general] DHCP over Infiniband

Eli Cohen eli at mellanox.co.il
Thu Nov 3 08:01:12 PST 2005

Hi,
has anyone had the chance to run a DHCP server on an Infiniband interface? I
checked this on Suse 10 kernel 2.6.13-15-bigsmp and I do not get responses
from the server to DHCP requests. When running tcpdump on ib0 interface I
can see the requests but the server does not respond. The server's version
is isc-dhcpd-V3.0.3. I also tried version dhcp-3.0.4b1 but with no luck. I
checked on Suse SLES 9 with Mellanox's IBGD1.8 and the server responds to
requests. I still had a problem that the server does not set the client
identifier option in its responses although the client does set this option.
If you have any experience with this please let me know.
Thanks
Eli