[openib-general] mvapich-gen2 on 2 x 16 CPU SGI Altix 1330 cluster

John Partridge johnip at sgi.com
Thu Nov 3 09:39:03 PST 2005

Hi DK,

I just though you would like to know that I have now tested the Pallas benchmark on a two
node SGI Altix 1330 cluster using OpenIB and mvapich-gen2. Each node had 16 CPU's. To do this
I had to change SMPI_MAX_NUMLOCALNODES to be defined as 16 instead of the normal 4 for the test.
I ran a 2x16 (32 total) CPU Pallas benchmark several times with no hang ups or errors.

I'm wondering if there would be any more changes I would need to make for scaling to much larger
systems. I do plan at some point in the near future to test this on a much larger system with a
LOT more CPU's

The test was conducted using a "kernel.org" 2.6.14 kernel and an OpenIB svn gen2 release of 3926
using Voltaire HCA's and switch

We will be demonstrating OpenIB and mvapich-gen2 mpi at Supercomputing 05 (running smaller jobs
though because the 32 way jobs take so long to complete). We will also demo rdma_lat, rdma_bw and
IpoIB.

I can send you the pallas results if you are interested.

Regards
John

--
John Partridge