[openib-general] [ANNOUNCE] Contribute RDS (Reliable DatagramSockets) to OpenIB

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Thu Nov 3 16:50:26 PST 2005

Grant Grundler wrote:
> But as Roland said, RDS doesn't even have a Makefile.
> I've reviewed some of it shortly after it got dropped in but
> still need to go through alot more of the code.

The code that I've looked at doesn't appear to be written to any of the openib
code.  A Makefile wouldn't help, since I don't think that any of it would
compile anyway.  Porting it to openib will be a major rewrite.

> 2) include some docs on it's use and why RDS is better than SDP.

Does someone have a link to a doc or presentation on why RDS is better than SDP?
  Or better yet, some actual data showing how it provides better performance or
scalability?