[openib-general] [ANNOUNCE] Contribute RDS (Reliable DatagramSockets) to OpenIB

Grant Grundler iod00d at hp.com
Fri Nov 4 08:32:51 PST 2005

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 05:01:59PM -0800, Ranjit Pandit wrote:
> I will go ahead and post the Makefile...but it's currently specific to
> SST Access layer.

I wouldn't bother.

> > 1) Port contrib/silverstorm/rds/ to linux-kernel/infiniband/ulp/rds/
>
> Grant, at the last OpenIB conference, you had volunteered to help port
> the code or, at the coding style. :)

Yes, I offered to help port. But I can't do the "heavy lifting".
I can test, code review, and fix up coding style nits.

> > 2) include some docs on it's use and why RDS is better than SDP.
>
> I will checkin the RDS presentations shortly.

That would be good. Just as a reminder, your slideset for the
OpenIB "Data Center Workshop" is posted here:
	http://openib.org/docs/oib_wkshp_082205/Reliable_Datagram_Sockets.ppt

thanks,
grant