[openib-general] [ANNOUNCE] ContributeRDS(ReliableDatagramSockets) to OpenIB

Fab Tillier ftillier at silverstorm.com
Fri Nov 4 11:16:20 PST 2005

Doing a UDP to IB-UD protocol is unlikely to buy you anything over just using
IPoIB.  I don't know about doing UDP to IB-RDD, but the complexity of supporting
end to end contexts and RDD QPs seems to me to outweigh the complexity of doing
SW multiplexing over multiple IB-RC QPs.  I don't think software multiplexing
over IB-RC costs much from both a system/HCA resource and performance
perspective, especially compared to doing something like uDAPL or SDP where
there's a 1:1 relationship between EP or socket to QP, respectively.

- Fab