[openib-general] [ANNOUNCE] Contribute RDS(ReliableDatagramSockets) to OpenIB

Rick Frank Richard.Frank at oracle.com
Fri Nov 4 16:45:17 PST 2005

At this point we really need to get RDS on IB ported to Gen 2 so we can get
this into Linux distributions ASAP.

We (Oracle) are currently investigating / working on an RDS over Ethernet
driver for Linux. Our current plans are to produce a new verbs provider that
registers with Gen 2 IB verbs layer. This new driver will bind to a standard
ethernet nic driver and implement the RC semantics. This will allow us to
use 100% of the ported RDS ULP.

Note that RDP should also run over any other interconnect that registers
with the verbs layer - such as iWARP, etc .