[openib-general] Re: ipoib oops

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Mon Nov 7 10:17:36 PST 2005

Quoting r. Roland Dreier <rolandd at cisco.com>:
> Subject: Re: ipoib oops
>
>     Michael> Looks like send_wc is NULL.  And given that the send
>     Michael> handler seems to be always called with wc on the stack,
>     Michael> it now appears that it was actually ipoib that triggered
>     Michael> some data corruption for umad.
>
> If send_wc is NULL how could we access send_wc->send_buf->context[0]?

Right, I wasnt thinking straight.

static void send_handler(struct ib_mad_agent *agent,
                         struct ib_mad_send_wc *send_wc)
{
        struct ib_umad_file *file = agent->context;
        struct ib_umad_packet *timeout;
        struct ib_umad_packet *packet = send_wc->send_buf->context[0];

        ib_destroy_ah(packet->msg->ah); <----------------------------- here
        ib_free_send_mad(packet->msg);

Means that packet is NULL. Hmm.

--