[openib-general] Re: error compiling kernel...

Sayantan Sur surs at cse.ohio-state.edu
Mon Nov 7 20:35:56 PST 2005

Hello,

>> Move include/rdma, its in the way.
>>

> I ran into the same problem while compiling with 2.6.14 kernel. I
> tried removing infniband/include/rdma, but still the same :-(
>
> Has anyone been able to compile gen2 with 2.6.14? Maybe I am missing
> something?

Just adding that if I remove infiniband/include/rdma, I get this error
instead:

<===
  CC [M]  drivers/infiniband/core/addr.o
drivers/infiniband/core/addr.c:37:26: rdma/ib_addr.h: No such file or
directory
drivers/infiniband/core/addr.c:67: warning: `union ib_gid' declared
inside parameter list
drivers/infiniband/core/addr.c:67: warning: its scope is only this
definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want
drivers/infiniband/core/addr.c: In function `ib_translate_addr':
drivers/infiniband/core/addr.c:76: error: dereferencing pointer to
incomplete type
drivers/infiniband/core/addr.c:76: error: dereferencing pointer to
incomplete type
===>

My InfiniBand config is this:

#
# InfiniBand support
#
CONFIG_INFINIBAND=m
CONFIG_INFINIBAND_USER_MAD=m
CONFIG_INFINIBAND_USER_ACCESS=m
# CONFIG_IPATH_CORE is not set
CONFIG_INFINIBAND_MTHCA=m
# CONFIG_INFINIBAND_MTHCA_DEBUG is not set
CONFIG_INFINIBAND_IPOIB=m
# CONFIG_INFINIBAND_IPOIB_DEBUG is not set
CONFIG_INFINIBAND_SDP=m
# CONFIG_INFINIBAND_SDP_DEBUG is not set
# CONFIG_INFINIBAND_SRP is not set

Thanks,
Sayantan.

--