[swg] RE: [openib-general] RE: [dat-discussions] socketbased connectionmodel for IB proposal - round 3

Caitlin Bestler caitlinb at broadcom.com
Fri Nov 11 15:01:31 PST 2005

Fab Tillier wrote:
> [...]
By the time the connection request is passed to the application
the remote IP address needs to be validated.

I don't care whether the remote CM validated it (and is known
to be privileged software) or if the local CM validates it
with a reverse lookup.

What I do not want is to kick this problem up to the application.
If it is kicked up to the application it is no longer TCP-compatible
connection setup, because that responsibility does not exist over TCP.